Probedrill can provide a range of different Soil Sampling options depending on the type of soil and the testing requirements.
The Soil Sampler is pushed into the ground next to the CPT location (in a seperate hole) and can be pushed through up to a maximum of 25MPa. The range of sampling options are as follows:
- Probedrill Soil Sampler – half metre samples are taken using a 25mm P.V.C splits
- Mostap Soil Sampler – 1.5m samples are taken using a geotech-style fabric sock and bands
- Suction (Piston-type) Sampler – half metre samples are taken using a suction method (only suitable for extremely soft areas such as tailings etc.)
- Sediment Sampler – ideal for very soft saturated samples and environmental sampling, e.g. river beds
We also have a Dual Tube (Percussive) Soil Sampler available for taking samples in formations ranging from saturated sands to plastic clays.
The liners for the Sampler are clear PVC with an integral core catcher fused to one end to maximize sample recovery while minimizing entrance losses. The liners permit safe, simple and quick cutting for sample logging.
Advantages of the sampler include :
- Core catcher for sampling loose soils
- The sampling hole is cased therefore not allowing contamination from upper levels
- Solid drive point for driving to discrete depths before sampling
- Expendable cutting shoe for monitoring wells
- 50mm x 1000mm Samples
|Projects using this service|
|Perth Stadium, Burswood: 2012 – 2015|
|Elizabeth Quay (Perth Waterfront) Project: 2010 – 2015|
|Chevron Wheatstone LNG Project, Onslow: 2009 – 2013|