Our Sediment Sampler is ideal for very soft, saturated samples and environmental sampling, such as river beds.
Our Sediment Sampler has been used to take samples on a tailings dam at depths of more than 70m, where the qt values were between 0.2 – 1.0MPa. Due to the sampler’s use of a bladder to seal the sample tube before recovery, sample recovery was 100%.
The benefits of sediment sampling include:
- No loss of sample, ever
- Cutting head can be closed with air pressure
- Piston assures identical core sample length
- Ideal for sample lengths up to 150cm
- It’s transparent so provides easiest profile description
- Contaminant-free, stainless-steel body
Note: it can not be used in unsaturated sediments.