At Probedrill, we use the latest equipment to carry out the most technologically advanced cone penetration testing (CPT). We are continually updating, expanding and improving our geotechnical services in all areas available for cone penetration testing.
We believe that with our extensive range of equipment, we will be able to get to most testing locations. However, if you believe that our range of equipment would not be suitable for your situation, please feel free to contact the office/workshop as modifications may be made to meet your testing requirements.
Our range of equipment currently includes:
- a 22 tonne (6×6) CPT Truck Rig (Merc) has a pushing capacity of 180kN and jacks up to one metre off the ground
- a 25 tonne (6×6) CPT Truck Rig (RFW) also jacks up to one metre off the ground and has a pushing capacity 210kN.
- a combination 7 tonne CPT Track Rig/22 tonne CPT Truck Rig. The 7 tonne track rig, with a pushing capacity of 90kN, is great for locations with restricted access and comes with removable ballast weights to make rig heavier or lighter and lifting lugs so it can be craned into location. Depending on the location we can also conduct CPT probing whilst still on the back of the truck which then makes it a 22 tonne truck rig with a pushing capacity of 150kN.
- three Morooka tracked rigs:
- a portable probe, which can be used for underground car parks and other areas with limited access
- a 300kN pushing frame which can be mounted to jack-up barges for near-shore testing operations
- a Container rig which is ideal for jobs where rig transportation is required. This is a converted 8ft sea container with portable probe equipment inside and has had results comparable with our 12 tonne CPT Track Rig. Given the lighter transport weight, mob/demob costs are significantly less than transporting our other rigs. The Container Rig can be lifted and transported on site using a 30 tonne excavator. The excavator is then used to provide additional reaction weight during testing. Other possibilities could include working on a dumb barge platform in tidal areas; being lowered into hard to reach places by a crane; or working on a jack-up barge in conjunction with a drilling program.
- GeoMil Casing which can be used to achieve greater depth when lateral rod support becomes an issue.
- 1 tonne (10cm2) and 5 tonne (10cm2) cones which can be used used in soft soils or tailings to achieve greater accuracy.
- 15cm2 cones which are well suited to stiff, clayey material
- Dual Tube (Percussive) Soil Sampler available for taking continuous sampling through consolidated sand & clays.
- Suction (Piston-type) Sampler for soft soils (60mm x 500mm samples).
- Sediment Sampler which is ideal for very soft saturated samples and environmental sampling, e.g. river beds.
- Kango drill jackhammers
- electric chainsaws
- bog boards
- a 65mm hand auger
- a 12 Volt water sampling pump
- concrete coring drill with 100mm and 150mm drill bit available
- NEW DGPS with deci-meter accuracy available to mark co-ordinates of your CPT locations.
We have a fully equipped workshop to service and maintain all equipment.